True Massotherapy & Lymphedema Clinic Inc.
Developed in Europe in the 1930s by Drs. Emil and Estrid Vodder, Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD®) is a safe, effective, yet gentle approach to cleansing the body’s tissues. MLD drains excess fluid from the tissues and also has a detoxifying effect. It can benefit a healthy person as well as be applied to more than 60 different conditions.
Scientific studies, as well as vast clinical experience, have supported the effectiveness of MLD.
The therapeutic benefits of MLD, evidenced by more than 30 years of research, are well documented. It is widely prescribed by physicians in Europe and many physicians in the United States and Canada also recognize the benefits of MLD for their patients.
Benefits of MLD
1. Removes metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
2. Through its gentle, rhythmical, and precise hand movements, it alleviates pain by greatly reducing the pain signals sent to the brain.
3. Relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
4. Supports and enhances the action of the immune system.
5. Helps the body to heal more quickly from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions, and edema.
6. Helps to minimize scar formation
Indications for MLD
Ear, Nose, & Throat: